Prairie South Schools would like to thank our many partnerships and sponsors for providing 26 students from Assiniboia Composite, Peacock Collegiate, Central Collegiate, Mossbank, Riverview Collegiate, and Rouleau for the opportunity to spend the day learning about the construction industry. It was an exciting day for mentors and students to learn and collaborate together.
Benefits for students who attended Think Construction were:
- Connect and problem solve with industry experts
- Gain hands-on experience with the tools used in construction, tiling, and electrical
- Learn about safety procedures in the construction field
- Ask questions and have discussions with those that are already working in the construction field about their career path
- Explore different areas of employment in construction
- Have exposure to possible work opportunities through high school credits and industry programming
We specifically would like to thank the team from Saskatchewan Polytechnic, Saskatchewan Construction Association, All ‘N All Construction, Saskatchewan Construction Safety Organization, Saskatchewan Apprenticeship, Regal Electric, and Moose Jaw Carpet One, for all that they did to make the event a huge success.