Ken Stewart Memorial Scholarship
Ken Stewart was a beloved father, son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin and friend. He was also a gifted and accomplished lacrosse player who played for the Moose Jaw Mustangs lacrosse teams. He represented the province at the Junior and Senior levels on several occasions winning National Championships in both divisions in 2002. Second only to family, lacrosse was his passion.
He was killed in a motor vehicle accident in November 2013. This scholarship fund was established using the proceeds from the Second annual Kenny Stewart Memorial Classic, a day of pick up lacrosse games. Players of all ages gather at Yara Centre in December to honour and remember Ken and his love of the game and the contributions the entire Stewart family has made and continues to make to the sport of lacrosse.
- Must be pursuing a post-secondary program
- Must be involved with Moose Jaw Lacrosse Association (involvement includes but is not limited to player, coach, official or board member)
There are no special considerations for this scholarship
- Must provide proof of acceptance into a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Must provide one letter of recommendation from a representative of Moose Jaw Lacrosse outlining the candidate’s involvement in the association
- Must submit a letter outlining your career objectives (100-250 words).