Moose Jaw Festival of Dance Doris Sitter Memorial Scholarship
Doris Sitter was instrumental in the creation of the Moose Jaw Festival of Dance. She taught dance in Moose Jaw for over 60 years and many of her students went on to open studios of their own throughout Saskatchewan and Canada. Doris always recognized and emphasized the value in dance education and competition performance – not only for the “front and center” dancers but for the back-row chorus dancers as well. Established in 2011, the Moose Jaw Festival of Dance is pleased to offer this scholarship in her memory.
- Must be a graduate during the current school year.
- Must be continuing post-secondary studies at a recognized institution (not necessarily dance related).
- Must be involved in a certified dance program.
- Participation in the Moose Jaw Festival of Dance will be a primary consideration.
There are no special considerations for this scholarship
- Must provide proof of acceptance into a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Must submit an essay on the following topic: ‘The impact that dance has had on you’ – maximum 250 words.
- Must submit a detailed statement of your involvement in the Moose Jaw Festival of Dance.