JGL Legacy Scholarship
Formed in 1979, Jameson, Gilroy, and B & L Livestock Ltd. (JGL) has been in the cattle business for over 30 years. JGL has grown to become one of the premiere cattle trading firms in North America providing a host of services for livestock producers including procurement of livestock and feed, financing, and risk management. Founders Bill Jameson and Robin Gilroy have long believed that investment in young people, keen on the business of agriculture, has been in large part responsible for the growth and success of JGL. In 2012, the JGL Legacy Scholarship was established as a way to further promote growth in rural Saskatchewan and re-invest in its greatest resource – young people. The JGL Legacy Scholarship is awarded annually to 10 deserving students across the Prairie South School Division.
- Must be a graduate during the current school year.
- Must be continuing post-secondary studies at a recognized institution (any program) with preference given to applicants enrolled in an Agriculture related program.
- Preference given to students residing in rural Saskatchewan.
- Academic diligence and community involvement are considerations.
There are no special considerations for this scholarship
- Must provide proof of acceptance into a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Must submit a letter outlining your career objectives (100-250 words).
- Must submit 1 letter of recommendation(from school, business community, etc.)