Dr. George Falk Memorial Scholarship
Dr. George Falk was an educator for 24 years, served as principal of Cornerstone Christian School from 1996 to 2004 and was the superintendent of student support services at Prairie South School Division until his passing in June 2008. Dr. George Falk was a great leader in education who had a profound impact on many lives. George’s love of drama and music, as well as special education, will leave a legacy most of us could only hope to have. The family of Dr. George Falk has established this scholarship in his memory. The Dr. George Falk Memorial Scholarship is awarded each year to a Prairie South School Division graduate who has faced the challenges of a Saskatchewan Ministry of Education recognized physical or cognitive special need and is attending any type of post-secondary training program.
- Must be a graduate during the current school year.
- Must have faced the challenges of a Saskatchewan Ministry of Education recognized physical or cognitive special need.
- Must be continuing post-secondary training of any kind.
There are no special considerations for this scholarship
- Must provide proof of acceptance into a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Must submit two letters of reference, one from a staff member from your high school and one from a community member that reflects your community involvement.
- Must provide a personal statement outlining the special challenge/need overcome.