On Wednesday, November 8th, Saskatchewan Association of Agricultural Societies and Exhibitions (SAASE), Moose Jaw Exhibition Company, Progressive Agriculture Foundation, Community Initiatives Fund (CIF), Ministry of Agricultural, SaskPower, Farm Credit Cooperation, and Prairie South Schools hosted our Safety Day 2017 at the Moose Jaw Exhibition Grounds. We had over 500 grade 7 and 8 students attend!
The day was designed for students to be exposed to safety hazards in which they may encounter in the work place and their daily lives. Students participated in 11 interactive stations. Thank you to our many presenters:
- Moose Jaw Exhibition Company (Germs and Food Safe)
- Sask Power (Home Safety)
- Roxy Johnston of PSSD (Age 19 Challenge)
- Moose Jaw Exhibition Company (Visual Safety)
- Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association (Construction Safety)
- Kinsmen Sportsplex (Water Safety)
- Mark Dunne of PSSD (Internet/Smart Phone Safety)
- Moose Jaw Fire Department (Fire Safety)
- Barry Stewart of PSSD (Bus Safety)
- RCMP and SGI (Rollover Simulation/Seatbelt and Distracted Driving Safety)
- Saskatchewan Workers’ Compensation Board
- Please feel free to view our Safety Day 2017 video that highlights the events from the day!
Thank you to Brett Young (Career Development Consultant) for the submission.