ACHS Wall of Fame
The purpose of the ACHS Wall of Fame is to recognize individuals who have attended ACHS and have had a significant achievement on the provincial, national or international scene. It is almost meant to recognize those individuals who have been a part of the ACHS family for a significant number of years and have contributed to the development and betterment of its students.
All members of the Wall of Fame must be nominated by an individual other than themselves and meet the following appropriate criteria:
1) The individual must be a graduate of ACHS and/or attended two year of schooling at ACHS.
NOTE: for those nominees not graduating from ACHS, their reason for leaving MUST have been for a ‘reason of opportunity’ in the area that they are being nominated in. (i.e. they could not have attained the level of accomplishment they did unless moving to a community that provided them an opportunity otherwise unavailable in Assiniboia).
2) The nominee must have achieved recognition at the provincial, national or international level.
NOTE: those nominees being nominated for international recognition because of competing on a US college or university must have competed at the NCAA Division 1 or 2 level.
-all nominees being nominated as a result of playing for either a CIS or NCAA Div. 1 or 2 program must have completed two full seasons of competition in order to qualify for nomination.
3) Nominees are welcome from those schools that have been closed in the Assiniboia area and whose students have been designated to attend ACHS as a result of that closure. Nominees from these legacy schools will be recognized on the ACHS Wall of Fame as being graduated from that school. For example, Joe Smith graduated from Crane Valley School in 1972. Crane Valley School closed in 2006. Crane Valley students went on to attend ACHS. Joe Smith is eligible to be on the ACHS Wall of Fame, but would be recognized as a Crane Valley graduate.
4) Employees and community volunteers are also eligible to make the ACHS Wall of Fame. People to be considered in this area should have been a part of the ACHS school for a significant number of years and should have enriched the lives of ACHS students and the ACHS community considerably. Any achievements for employees and community volunteers that are not DIRECTLY attributable to the betterment of the ACHS community will not be a determining factor in the success of their nomination.
5) The Wall of Fame selection committee will be comprised of:
Two members of the SCC
Two staff members
The SRC president
6) If the nominee is selected to be a member of the Wall of Fame, the nominee (or nominator) must provide the selection committee with a biography detailing some of their life and the story behind their achievements. A photo of the candidate must also be provided.
All successful nominees will receive a keep sake photo card which will have their biography and photograph on the inside and “ACHS Wall of Fame” written on the cover.
Successful nominees will be announced at the graduation ceremonies in June and their Wall of Fame photo card will be mounted on the wall the following September.